An S5+ vehicle tracker is the top of the range vehicle tracking device in UK. S5+ trackers are the highest categorised vehicle security certified by the insurance industry and is tested to Thatcham TSC standard.
AN S5+ Vehicle Tracker as an Insurance Requirement
If your insurance company has asked you to fit an S5+ vehicle tracker there will be little point negotiating for the much cheaper S7. S5+ devices are often an insurance requirement for high value, high performance, new cars. In these cases it is usually impossible to get insurance without a S5+ system installed and monitored.
How can an S5+ vehicle tracker protect your vehicle?
The key features which set the S5+ aside from other trackers are:
- The S5+ provides the greatest level of security and recoverability, level 1 police response (immediate response).
- Remote immobilisation:S5+ can, not only track the whereabouts of a stolen vehicle, but has the ability to immobilise the car remotely.
- Protects against key theft: the owner must carry a small transponder unit the size of a credit card separately to the car keys, for example in a wallet. If the car is started with the keys but the transponder isn’t present the system with know the car has been stolen and will alert the operations centre which in turn will alert the police and owner.
- Having an in-built battery back-up, the device has the ability to remain operational even when the vehicle’s power supply is removed.
The general features below can be found on most S5+Trackers:
- Monitored 24 hours a day 365 days a year
- Can be tracked when stolen
- Uses GPS Tracking
- Battery disconnect/low level alert – you will receive a call if your battery is disconnected
- Motion sensor alert
Although the S5+ tracker has quite a high initial cost, it will allow reduced insurance premiums as well as peace of mind that most vehicles are retrieved within just a few hours after theft.
For more information visit our vehicle tracking page or visit our blog What’s the Difference Between a S7 and an S5+Vehicle Tracker.