The Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser is a new product by Autowatch, a South African company at the forefront of vehicle security technology. It protects your car from key-cloning, hacking, and even key theft. The only way a thief could take a Ghost Immobiliser protected vehicle is by physically towing it away, even then they will never be able to drive it!
How does an Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser work?
The Ghost immobiliser has no key-fobs or LED indications to give away its location. The Ghost uses the buttons in your vehicle such as those on the steering wheel, door panels or centre console, to allow you to make a unique, changeable, PIN code sequence that must first be entered before you can drive your car. Without the unique code the Ghost will prevent the engine starting.
Stops Thieves in their tracks
In recent years thieves have been able to override vehicle security systems by hacking the OBD port. The Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser is undetectable using diagnostics and there are no radio signals. The Ghost communicates with the vehicles ECU (Engine Control Unit) on the CAN Data circuit, it is totally silent so it does not give away its location. A thief cannot now simply add a new key or replace the ECU to steal your vehicle as only the correct data inputted will allow your vehicle to start.
- No wire cutting means safer installations
- Immobilisation by communicating with the ECU
- PIN code via buttons on steering wheel / dash
- Undetectable using diagnostics
- Cannot be bypassed using standard theft methods
- No radio frequency signals
- No additional fobs
- Uses the on-board CAN data network
- Silent, no relay operation
- Unique user changeable PIN code
- Service / Valet mode means the PIN code is never compromised
- Secure, unique emergency code should the PIN be forgotten
Fully Tested and Compatible with:
For further info go to our Alarms and Immobilisers page or call us on 01446 334005.